Commonwealth Pediatrics Summer 2012 Newsletter. In this edition, you will find helpful and important information about summer. Download the full newsletter for tips on summer skin care, healthy eating habits, 2012 car seat information, and more!
- Limit sun exposure between 10am and 4 pm – the time when UV rays are strongest.
- Wear a hat with a wide brim.
- Wear SUNSCREEN!!!!!!!! Use at least SPF 15 or greater. Reapply every 2 hours or after swimming or sweating. Apply sunscreen 30 minutes prior to going out in sun.
- Babies under 6 months have sensitive skin. Keep your baby in the shade (umbrella, stroller canopy); dress in lightweight pants, and long sleeved shirts. Don’t forget those wide-brimmed hats!
- TIP! For sensitive skin – apply a small amount of sunscreen on leg to make sure there is no reaction first.